We act as a catalyst for business-led collaborations that demonstrate changes in attitudes and practices.
We create a safe space for challenging, cross-sector conversations that inspire positive action in business.
We nurture new models of business leadership in achieving a sustainable economy.
Our efforts will help towards:
- Sustained commercial success through increased awareness, adoption and application of exemplary environmental practices
- Developing outstanding business leadership in care for the environment (locally, nationally, internationally)
- Informed and balanced, evidence-based consideration of business impact on environment and environmental impact on business
- Increased anticipation and proactivity in addressing environmental issues which could impact on business sustainability
- Increased awareness of research, evidence-based opinions and proven techniques and approaches to exemplary business/environmental practices
- Improved access to authoritative information/sources on the economic impacts of business-environment policy and practice
- Increased transparency in business/environment policy, practice and relationships
- Creating a mature and collaborative relationship between Government and business via the ‘critical friend’ approach
- Demonstrating that Scotland is a sustainable location for sustainable business
Each year, the Board will determine a small number of core priority themes and agree a bespoke programme of activity. This will be clearly communicated via online platforms and stakeholder engagement activity. The Board will continue to act as ambassadors for collaborative initiatives established as part of the 2020 Group in sectors such as finance, transport, the built environment, innovation and climate justice.