The remit for the group, is to:
- build on the work of the Climate Change Business Delivery Group and other climate change alliances to provide strong, visible leadership to Scotland’s business and non-governmental communities to inspire them to do more to reduce carbon emissions;
- help drive innovation through partnerships and synergies between members;
- advise on, and aim to make early progress towards, achievement of the outcomes and targets of the Climate Change Delivery Plan;
- identify relevant action and opportunities, and collaborate, to bring benefits to the Scottish economy;
- identify where the group can best target its resources and expertise to accelerate the development, investment and action required across the following areas: Heat, Electricity, Waste, Transport, Rural land use & forestry, Consumer behaviour & attitudes;
- to help ensure that Scotland is taking action to prepare for the impacts and realise the opportunities that a changing climate will bring and to contribute to building resilience and adaptive capacity. To achieve this, the group will work collaboratively across sectors sharing information, insight and expertise.